Sunday, April 12, 2009

Don't forget anything


It is critical when I go on photo shoots that I remember anything I might need. It is very frustrating when you are on a photo shoot to realize what you need you not only own, but you left it at home. Backups are also very important. You need a backup camera, lenses, flashes, backgrounds and the list goes on.

Tomorrow I have two major executive photo shoots. In the morning I will be photographing the Executive Committee of Chick-fil-A and in the afternoon the CEO of Merial.

Not only doing I have equipment packed and ready I will have two photo assistants to help me through the day. I need to have eyes on each flash to be sure it is working throughout the photo shoot. I need people helping me make the clients feel they are being taken care of in every possible way.

I need assistants also to help me unpack all this gear and set it up and then take it all down and pack it back into the van.

They key to being successful is like being a good boy scout--be prepared.

No comments: