Friday, January 27, 2017

Three Quick Photo Tips


Using a shallow Depth-of-Field can help draw more attention to a subject and diminish things in the background. For this photo I used my Nikon D5 and Sigma 35mm ƒ/1.4 DG Art lens with the camera set at ISO 100, ƒ/1.4, 1/100.


When shooting on snow or at the beach you need to adjust the exposure. I find that adding +1 stop using the exposure compensation dial gives the best results. You may find you need more or less depending on how your meter interprets the scene.


Now this is a pretty tricky lighting, but I could tweak the image before I shot it. I was seeing the results I would be getting and in theater the lighting changes so much that this is a blessing to shoot with the mirrorless Fuji X-E2. The electronic viewfinder lets you see what the CMOS chip is seeing and capturing.

No comments: