Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Capturing Hummingbirds with Fuji X-E2 with 55-200mm

Fujifilm X-E2, FUJINON XF 55-200mm, ISO 5000, ƒ/6.4, 1/2000
In the past I may have accidentally gotten a photo of a hummingbird, but now with a feeder on our back porch I think I will make a better attempt for the first time.

I am realizing the placement of the feeder may need to change and I may need strobes to really make these fast birds pop.

Fujifilm X-E2, FUJINON XF 55-200mm, ISO 3200, ƒ/6.4, 1/2500
So to take these photos I had my Fujifilm X-E2 camera on a tripod and to fire the camera I used the Android Fuji app.

Fujifilm X-E2, FUJINON XF 55-200mm, ISO 3200, ƒ/6.4, 1/2500
The reason I did this is as I stood their with the camera the birds would come flying in and quickly see me behind the glass and take off. Either I build a blind, which I just might do to hide me from the birds or I can just use the remote and go and sit down and wait till I see the pop into view on the screen of my phone.


The only thing is there is a delay with the shutter.


Here the screen grabs from the app:


REVIEW OF APP

The APP will disconnect you from your present Wi-Fi connection and look for the Fuji X-E2.

Once connected you can touch the screen for where you want the camera to focus as long as you are in AF mode.  You can control all the functions of the camera that I could test.

Now that I have capture a few photos of the hummingbird I will now try to get a better photo going forward and hopefully a few different breeds.

No comments: