Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Can you send me some of those photos Stanley?

Hey Stanley can you send me some of those photos?

The camera phones just were not cutting it for my family while we are on vacation at the beach.

So last night my wife even tweeted: "Can't wait to see @stanleyleary's photos of this moon. http://t.co/AdngV9H0"

It never fails when I pull out my nicer camera I get these comments.

Shot on Nikon D4 with 28-300mm, ISO 10,000, ƒ/5.6, 1/200. I had it on 2X crop mode so this lens is now a 450mm for this photo here.

Shot on Nikon D4 with 28-300mm, ISO 12,800, ƒ/5.6, 1/80.
The moon was shot last night. Now I walk out on our balcony and see the 4th of July Parade forming down the street. How lucky can you get?  All I had to do is find my camera and walk outside on the balcony to get most of these photos.

Before running to get the camera I told the family about the parade. The first response was, "Can you send us some photos?"



After shooting some of the parade I wanted to capture the family enjoying the parade from the 3rd floor balcony on the beach house we were staying in at Ocean Isle Beach, NC.

After getting some photos from the balcony I went down to the street level to shoot a few close up shots showing people's faces in the parade.


What is the lesson from this blog? Always have a camera with you and I want to add to have your good camera nearby for opportunities as they arise.

You see I didn't know about the parade. It was our first time at Ocean Isle Beach on July 4th. We had stayed here numerous times before as a family, but never during the holiday.

No comments: