Friday, October 31, 2014

Change your perspective this Fall

Nikon D4, 28-300mm, ISO 110, ƒ/9, 1/250
Yesterday my AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR came back from Nikon Repair. It came back better than it was just before I fell, broke my foot and the lens.

I went outside to do some test shots to be sure all was working just fine.

This is one of the first photos I took with the lens. I enjoy the Fall colors and wanted to remind you it is about perspective to get those colors to "POP".

Nikon D4, 28-300mm, ISO 220, ƒ/9, 1/250
Here are those same leaves, but instead of being backlit now the sun is over my shoulder and directly on the leaves.  I prefer the first photo.

Your subject can remain still and if you move around and explore it for all angles you too will discover a "sweet spot" that makes the subject more interesting and captivating. This is the surprise factor we are looking for when making photos.

You may just well be laying on your back looking up through the trees for find that "WOW" photo.

Nikon D4, 28-300mm, ISO 250, ƒ/9, 1/250
Do you like the leaves backlit with the blue sky or the foliage in the background? When you edit do you have any choices? If not you are not shooting enough.

Get out there and capture the colors of the Fall and be sure to move around your subject–you might just find a surprise.

No comments: