Monday, June 15, 2015

Annual family reunion photo

Nikon D750, AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR, ISO 500, ƒ/8, 1/60
Our family reunion at Emerald Isle Beach in North Carolina this year was memorialized with the family photo of those who are able to make it.

Here is the setup I used for the photo:


To fire the Nikon D750 I used the Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control (Infrared) to trigger the camera. I just had to go into the menu on the camera to set it up for triggering remotely.

Here are those instructions for you:



Here is an older blog post I did on doing these photos on the beach.

Here are some photos from another year at the beach:


While posed family photos are great to have I love capturing spontaneous moments even more.  Here is that blog post where I talked about doing this.

No comments: