Friday, February 05, 2016

Success is most often in the nuance of the details

Nikon D4, Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art Lens, ISO 2500, ƒ/6.3, 1/18000
Success of a photo is often in the nuance of the details. For this photo shoot it was very important that I not only have the subjects in their costumes and makeup but that I was lighting the subjects during the daylight to look like night time.

I wanted to create a mood that said "spooky". To help take it to that level we got a fog machine to help create this look above.

Now to see how important details are in a photo shoot look at the photo without the fog.

Nikon D4, Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art Lens, ISO 2500, ƒ/7.1, 1/15000
For me the difference isn't minor but rather quite major in the impact of creating the "spooky" mood that I was going for in the photo.

We often talk about just moving the camera ever so slighting to left or right can make a difference as well.

If you are creating something like I did here versus capturing your subject you can plan ahead and think of all the small nuances that you can control to make your photo a success.

No comments: